Waste Disposal & Compactor Repair Services in Calgary, AB
Appliance Doctor specialist in Waste Disposal Repair & Installation
Many homeowners and restauranteurs enjoy the benefits of having a garburator or compactor to get rid of leftover food scraps rather than filling the landfills with them. Garburators save you time and money when they’re operating efficiently. They allow for more sanitary kitchen conditions with less trash lying about in trashcans. Garburators are also beneficial to the environment because fewer garbage trucks on the road equal fewer greenhouse gas emissions and less landfill trash mean less methane pollution. While garburators can last as long as a decade or more with the proper care, they do sometimes break down. Not to worry. Appliance Doctor provides waste disposal and compactor repair in Calgary, AB and surrounding areas in the Comox Valley and Vancouver Island in British Columbia. If something’s ailing you about your household appliances, don’t hesitate to give us a call for service!
Common Garburator Repair Issues We Fix at Appliance Doctor
How a garburator works is simple: you toss your leftover food scraps in, flip a switch, and the waste is then shredded into smaller pieces that go down your drain. That’s when everything is working correctly. Here are common garburator repair issues our appliance repair professionals in Calgary address:
- Jammed Waste Disposal – This is probably the most common issue we see with garburators. It’s likely you have some food particles stuck inside the blades. If you feel comfortable doing so, you should turn off the unit and attempt to unclog it. However, more massive clogs may require someone from our team to come out and take a look. A word to the wise: you should refrain from putting these items down your waste disposal system to avoid clogs: fats and oils, coffee grounds, eggshells, large bones, fruit pits, starchy or stringy vegetables, and any non-food items.
- Garburator Won’t Turn On – If your garburator doesn’t turn on, you should hit the reset button on the outlet and then try turning it off and on again. If this doesn’t work, it may be time to replace your unit. At the very least, you probably need a garburator repair.
- Foul Odors in Your Sink – If you’ve noticed foul odors coming from your kitchen sink, you may have a clogged garburator. A simple home remedy may help with the smell: try using vinegar and baking soda to sanitize your system and eliminate the odor. If the odor persists and you can’t see anything clogged, the issue could be deeper down inside your plumbing. That’s when you would likely need someone from our team to examine your appliance.
- Grinding Noises – A grinding noise in your garburator usually indicates something’s stuck or your system’s parts are no longer moving in sync with each other. You may just need a tune-up, or it may be time to replace your unit if it’s old and its components have worn down or rusted.
- Sluggish Waste Disposal – Your garburator should be able to grind most food scraps in seconds. If you find it’s taking forever, your unit could be clogged, or its blades could be dull and in need of replacement. Better call in the appliance repair professionals at Appliance Doctor!
- Garburator Leaks – Nobody wants to deal with the smelly mess or inconvenience of a garburator leak! Let our certified, factory-trained technicians take a look. While you could attempt to fix it yourself, you run the risk of doing additional damage to your unit.
Contact Us for Small Appliance Repair Near Calgary, AB
When you need small appliance repair near Calgary, AB, turn to the trusted appliance repair professionals at Appliance Doctor. Established in 1988, we fix appliances of all makes and models, including name brands such as Amana, Bosch, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, KitchenAid, and Whirlpool. We also specialize in new appliance installation for anything from dishwashers and garburators to refrigerators, washers, and dryers. Contact us today to schedule a service or to request a repair quote. We make it easy to book appliance repairs online and keep track of the status of your requests. We also provide Saturday appointments upon request to accommodate your busy schedule!