Kitchen Refrigerator and Freezer Repair Services in Calgary, AB
Trust Appliance Doctor for Fridge Repair & Replacement in Calgary
Having a freezer or refrigerator in need of repair is not only a hassle, but it can also be harmful to your health if your food spoils prematurely and you end up eating it. Have you noticed puddles on your kitchen floor from a leaky fridge or recent spikes in your energy bills? Does the back of your fridge feel hotter than usual when you touch it? Is it constantly cycling on and off, giving you a headache from all the noise? No matter your issue, Appliance Doctor would be happy to offer you a fast, efficient freezer or fridge repair in Calgary, AB. Our certified technicians fix appliances of all sizes with transparent flat-rate pricing, so you know what you’re up against as soon as you contact us for an appliance repair.
Signs You May Need Appliance Doctor to Fix Your Fridge Soon
If your refrigerator has seen better days, it will likely let you know. Refrigerators tend to go out with a bang and not a whimper. Frequent fridge repairs are not uncommon toward the end of its life cycle. Here are a few signs you may need a fridge repair or replacement from Calgary’s Appliance Doctor soon:
- Premature Food Spoils – Have you noticed food inside your freezer or fridge spoiling before its expiration date? If you have an outdated model, your fridge may not have enough power to keep your foods cold enough. You could also have something wrong with the thermostat knob.
- Exterior Condensation – If your fridge appears to be perspiring, don’t sweat it for long. You may need to replace the door seal to prevent this. However, if your seal doesn’t appear damaged or you begin to notice interior condensation as well, your fridge may not be cold enough. Having puddles around your fridge could indicate damaged hoses or a broken drip pan causing a leak.
- Loud Humming Noises – If your refrigerator has begun to make loud noises, it usually means the motor is struggling to power the appliance. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in, as you’ll want to be sure it’s not an issue with your electrical panel. If the loud noises continue, you probably have a dying fridge on your hands and will need a replacement.
- Excessive Freezer Burn – While some amount of frost is normal inside your freezer, you shouldn’t find yourself needing to chisel layers of frost every time you pull out an item. It may be time you thought about upgrading to an energy-efficient model that may also be frost-free.
- An Overheated Motor – Your refrigerator’s motor can be found in the back of the unit. While this will always feel warm to the touch while it’s running, an overheated motor can cause other problems in the future.
- Your Fridge Is Outdated – Is your refrigerator over a decade old? They aren’t meant to run forever. Upgrading to a newer model could reduce fridge repair costs and monthly energy bills.
Time for a Fridge Upgrade? Rely on Our Appliance Installation
Whether you have a side-by-side, top-freezer, bottom-freezer, or built-in refrigerator, our certified, factory-trained technicians work on all makes and models. Fridge repair costs will vary depending on your refrigerator’s model and age, as well as the extent of its damages. We’re familiar with many leading industry brands such as KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool, LG, and Samsung to offer reliable appliance repair and installation if it’s time you invested in a suitable replacement. Choosing the right refrigerator that suits your budget and kitchen décor is a difficult decision, but you can buy with confidence using the Appliance Doctor’s expert recommendations.
Call Appliance Doctor’s Trusted Appliance Repair Professionals
Appliance Doctor is proud to include freezer and fridge repair in Calgary, AB among our specialties. Whether you call us to fix your appliances or for a new appliance installation, you can expect to receive stellar service from our trusted appliance repair professionals. Please contact us today to request an appliance repair service near Calgary or Vancouver Island and the Comox Valley if you’re one of our British Columbia neighbors we’ve recently included in our service area!